Nokesville United Methodist Church

History of Nokesville UMC

Nokesville United Methodist Church was originally established in 1095 as a part of the Prince William Charge of the Washington District.

The Epworth Chapel as it was originally called, was located on the corner of Seminary Avenue and Hebron Street (now known as Free and Nokes Streets) in the village of Nokesville. From 1941 until 1981 the church was located at 12916 Fitzwater Drive which previously had been the Protestant Episcopal Church known as St. Anne's Chapel.

In the summer of 1981, the church moved to its present location on Aden Road with its dedication being held on August 18th of the year. 

Church Year Book  


Newspaper Article 2/9/2004

Fauquier Times, Warrenton

Newspaper Article 7/16/2005

Photomac News